Top Ten Late Payment Excuses
With Christmas fast approaching, it’s that time of year when company’s and individuals tend to “slack” on the due dates of payments.
Below are the top ten late payment excuses that DRA have come across:
10. No funds available
9. Referred to a senior accountant to review
8. Accounts Department on lunch/busy
7. Thought it was due on a different date
6. Dispute in a payment despite having had the payment explained and previously accepted
5. Invoice was lost
4. No reminder received
3. “Forgot” to make the post
2. Cheque is in the post
1. We have control payments that are only authorized on set days per month
If you find that these are regular comments from your clients, please contact DRA on 1300 799 511 to discuss further.