Five Reasons to Outsource to a Debt Collection Expert
Hi, my name is Adam Stewart, Debt Collection Professional and owner of Debt Recoveries Australia and ADC Legal-Litigation Lawyers. As every credit manager understands very well, dealing with non-paying customers can be very frustrating. While customers do everything in their power to avoid paying their debts, it makes more sense to hire the services of a debt collection expert to convince the debtors to make payments.
Here are my top five reasons why it is best to outsource your debts to a collection expert when you have no luck collecting unpaid invoices:
1. A debt collection expert has heaps of tools to track down fleeing debtors. We are experienced in finding people who seem to have slipped off the face of the earth, as well as how to deal with a debtor once they are found. We use paid databases so the easy part is actually finding the debtor.
2. When you outsource to a debt collection agency, a debt collection expert maintains a neutral and level-headed approach when making collection calls. It is easy for a creditor to become angry or upset when dealing with problematic customers; this can damage the effectiveness of their collection calls. A good debt collection expert knows to remain calm and act as a neutral party, applying pressure and more aggressive collection tactics when beneficial but never losing their temper.
3. When a debtor receives a call from a debt collection expert, they often become very uncomfortable knowing their credit score could be in jeopardy. Good debt collection experts will also warn the debtor of legal options available to creditors if customers do not pay their debts. In some cases, this discomfort is enough to convince them to begin making payments, if only for the sake of saving their credit.
4. Debt collection agencies that have been around for a while generally employ very experienced debt collection experts. These experts have had years of debt collection experience in order to maximize success, and devote their full attention to debt collection. A credit manager or business owner who attempts debt collection alongside the rest of their duties clearly doesn’t have this time to create an effective collection strategy, and having to constantly make collection calls can become a deficit to the overall productivity of a business.
5. If the debt collection agency is unable to collect from a debtor, they should have the knowledge and resources available to issue legal proceedings against the debtor. Hopefully, you will have a debt collection agency that also has a legal arm as part of their service. While the legal process is more costly and time-consuming than regular debt collection, in some cases pursuing legal action against the debtor is the only option available.
Is your business having difficulty collecting on unpaid debts? Is it worth considering looking for a debt collection agency?
Consult a Debt Collection Expert today. Wait, that’s me: Adam Stewart, Debt Collection Expert! Call me at Debt Recoveries Australia at 1300 799 511. You may also email me at email@example.com or Skype me at debtrecoveries.